This was our first film from AD&D Productions, "The Collegians Are Go!!". We wanted to create the most psychotronic film possible, and I think we succeeded admirably.
Shot between 1997-1999, The Collegians Are Go!! is a non-stop tour-de-force of cheap beer, a Zombie JFK, a Mummy LBJ, rock and roll, cool cars and Action with a capital A!!!
Here's some fun trivia about the movie
- Celebrity Appearance: That's Johnny Hardwick, also known as Dale from King of the Hill starring as the Sleepy Student.
- Shot on Super8mm film.
- Outdoor locations included the area where Charles Whitman held the University of Texas campus hostage during a shooting spree on August 1, 1966.
- The headquarters scene for Los Tigres Guapos, Archenemies of The Collegians, was shot in the building owned by the guy that Dick Cheney shot in the face!
- The fight scene was fueled by cheap, Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, secured for the bargain price of about $7 a case (that's 24 beers). Pabst Blue Ribbon costs $10 a six pack in Scotland!
- The Grassy Knoll scenes were shot on November 22, 1997. We ran into Aaron Norris (he gave us his card).
- The car is a 1963 Chrysler New Yorker owned by a Mr. Ted Glick.